Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Green-er purple monster


I tried this smoothie idea from "Sing for Your Supper" blog, which I highly highly recommend. She describes her smoothie as green that turned brown from the mixture of colors.  
Mine turned purple....go figure.  It's a great way to get your veggie in the morning! Love that about this smoothie.  When my honey came out of the jar, it made the sounds like the aliens on "Signs."  I can't write it in words what it sounded like..but I imagine "kajjhfjjjss...." 


Green Monster Smoothie, Sing for Your Supper recipe (my variations added) 

  • 1 banana, roughly chopped - I had old ones that I had frozen. Worked fine.
  • 4 or 5 strawberries
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed. Add more!
  • splash vanilla soy milk - I don't like soy (or at least I don't think I do..so I drink Almond milk. It worked great.)
  • 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/2 cup crushed ice


The goods, all in one.  As gross as it sounds, add more spinach than you want.
It's your veggie in a smoothie! 
One of the many great ready to serve things in freezer section.  
So, this is my mom's blender.
You work with what you have- I highly recommend a smoothie maker, though.  
Guess when it was created. '83? 
First, I am in love with this yogurt. It isn't as expensive as the other greek yogurts.
Plus, who can resist that commercial with Uncle Jesse from Full House aka John Stamos.

So many options..

Note: If you see the spinach isn't blending with the rest, do NOT put your fork in the blender.  


The last of my honey from the farmers market. 

Almost done.

Final product. 














No comments:

Post a Comment