Thursday, March 1, 2012

The "PLUS 1" dilemma

I think every single girl out there knows what I am talking about...If you don't you're lying to yourself.  I just received my first of many wedding invites for the spring.  First words out of my mouth: woof. Second words: shit. (Sorry, Mom.)****side note: I gave up cursing for lent. Then I realized that cursing actually relieved my stress. So, I gave up gossipping.  That ain't easy, folks. Not just talking about who did what, or any OMG news, but literally just shooting the breeze about other people.****back to the problem at hand. Plus one. I need someone who can hold their own conversation, who can make small talk with people he just met, and who won't be a drunken fool if the wedding has an open bar.  The latter is something from a bad movie.  But seriously....don't they hire out these kind of people?  Yes, yes they do.  

If only Dermot Mulroney was a real life man living in Fayetteville OR any of the surrounding areas....I would give anything for Debra Messing's collar bone structure, too.  Let's be honest: I'd take either.  If you haven't seen this movie...well you need to, STAT! 

I have about the same dilemma as Debra Messing...I need a date because I am a bridesmaid in a wedding and don't want someone who is going to need me to be by his side every second. Because, let's be honest, that ain't happening.  No Catholic weddings in the near future, so these will be easy 15- 20 minute services.  Thus, super easy.  

Well...the plus one search is on. Send all possibilites my way. 





1 comment:

  1. Love this! Couldn't agree more about the single girl/plus 1 situation! Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete