Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sweet Saturday

It is so nice to have a relaxing Saturday!


 Yesterday I made a really great banana ice cream from scratch! Was so very proud of myself.  My PapaJoe made banana ice cream all the time during the hot summers at the lake. He used a wooden ice cream maker and it was a staple of 4th of July.  I can just hear the sound of the handles churning away outside my grandparents lake house...it was what I looked forward to at the end of every school year.  Although I used my Cuisinart ice cream maker, I think PapaJoe  is still impressed.  Katie is going to try some tonight...I'll post about that on Sunday! 
Starting to thicken...

Yummy!
Katie and I went to the Farmers Market, another one of the precious moments every Saturday.  Saw my good friend Glenn from Mason Creek farm; they have the best, organic meat! Here is their site.  I did my final package for TV 2 on the flood that had a tremendous impact on their farm.  It was devastating.  The package wasn't my best...I just got off my IV steroid treatment for an MS flare up, but I was proud to tell their story.  


Painting the UATV studio today! Here are some of the colors we are looking to use! 



No comments:

Post a Comment