Monday, August 1, 2011

Back to the "baby hill"

This last Saturday I flew home to Fayetteville. I surprised all of my friends who were having a girls weekend reunion. It was by far the best surprise I've ever pulled off.

Although I was super excited to get home, I was also really sad to leave D.C. That city is wonderful and I'm so blessed to have been given the opportunity to live there. I will be back, mark my works. Just let me get my degree and save some money and I will return to our nations Capitol.

In my last week in D.C. I met up with my good friend from college in Bethesda. This little boy and I flirted the entire way there. He is precious. He even told me to sit back down when I got up for my stop!



Last year I attended the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act in D.C. at the White House. This year- the ADA became legal! We celebrated on the Hill with appearances from Representative Hoyer, Senator Tom Harkin-leader in the ADA process and Senator Mark Pryor.



Minority Whip Steny Hoyer.





Iowa Senator Tom Harkin whom I love and adore. Below is our picture from last year at the White House celebration.





No comments:

Post a Comment