Monday, August 15, 2011

Wedding season never ends.

Katie and I have come to the conclusion that engagements are at an all time high right now. Maybe it's the fact that we are 22 and living in Arkansas? Or maybe it's just the fact that we are growing up. See, I didn't say growing OLD. 22 is a great age, but no one really writes about it. There are many a love story regarding twenty somethings and their one night stands. I take back the idea of that being called a "love story." It's not.

22 is the time after college and right before you get married. Or so, that's what society thinks. Now, 22 is the time for women and men to learn and grown; to find what makes their hair stand on edge. And if that happens to be the man and woman you love, then go for it! But personally, I don't know how to keep within my own budget on groceries-seriously, I spend hours just walking up and down aisles, preferably the cereal one- so I can't imagine bringing someone else into that adventure.

Do I sound like Betty Friedan yet?

My sister is going to be the most beautiful bride. We checked out music this weekend for the wedding! Mom is definitely going to need a Xanax, I'm going to need some serious waterproof mascara and a terrible amount of powder. Fun fact: I'm a real ugly crier. Maybe I should put that on my resume? Definitely not, but should tell all that ask me to be in their wedding, that this whole crying this is unavoidable. This last week we did cupcake testing. Since Madalyn's wedding is in November, we tried a variety of flavors, especially fall tasting ones. Although the weather has been so nice lately, I am ready for fall. J Crew is as well...bad combination. Below are just a few of the shots I took from the tasting, which we held in our own little dining room!

The remains....

Mom made the bride wear her wedding cake headband.

Not so sure about that flavor.

Maybe this one?

She's gettin' hitched!

No comments:

Post a Comment