Wednesday, December 14, 2011

EASY sweet and salty cookies.

If you're wanting to get a girl a good present for any occasion...get her a subscription to REAL SIMPLE.  Fact, it is the best thing ever.  I made one of the recipes from the December issue this week. Flourless Peanut butter cookies.  But! I added in toffee and pretzels.  YUM YUM!  This is the peanut butter cookies for dummies recipe. RS adds in instructions for parchment, to rotate the baking sheets....blah blah blah. That takes time, watching the cookies in the oven, which I am not up for this week. Or ever.  

2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar (I didn't add this in the first time I made the cookies)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
a PINCH of salt.  
a couple of heath bars
pretzels, any kind will do. I used stick thin ones.

Heat oven to 350, butter those pans (pam will do).  Put all the heath bars and about a cup of pretzels in a bowl. Mash with a potato masher- wait- don't do that. That is what I used. But, hey, it worked! So yes, use a potato masher and mash the heath bar and pretzels together.  In small pieces - these will be placed n the cookie mix. Set aside. 

In another bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugars, eggs, baking soda, and salt until smooth.  I used a mixer, much easier.  

You will then add the pretzel and heath bars in the peanut butter mix.  Mix with a spoon, or mixer, either way is fine just so heath bars and pretzels are evenly in the mix.  Roll the dough into small balls. Put onto the pans! Put in oven! I kept the cookies in for about 15 min, but I let the cookies cool out of the oven after about 10 min. Everyone loves a soft cookie. 

The sweet and salty ingredients

Heath Toffee bars crushed.

PB MIx with the toffee and pretzels added. Looks gross, I know.

Bun in the oven. More like cookies in the oven. 

yum yums 
When the cookies start to break like this is when I pull them out to cool. 
A messy kitchen is a good kitchen.  
Finished product. 
Don't make these for diabetics...too much salt and sugar. 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment